Student Exchange Programme applicant cover letter

Here you can have your own draft looked over and corrected free of charge and receive some constructive criticism to help you better refine your letter.
Forum rules
We are not writers here to write your letter for you, you must have already prepared your draft, read it over, run it through a spell check to ensure that all grammatical and spelling errors have been fixed. Before submitting your draft, we kindly request that you read and follow this guidelines.

--------> Please do not write only in capital letters, be sure to write a clear title and not simply: “URGENT”, “help” or “PLEASE READ” etc.

WRONG TITLE : HELP PLZ COVER LETTER !!!
RIGHT TITLE : Junior Team Manager cover letter

Student Exchange Programme applicant cover letter

Postby s1nzy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Dear Sir or Madame,
I am writing to express my interest in an externship position with the Student’s Exchange Programme in the summer of 2012. I am currently studying Pharmacy at “XY” University in [town]. This is my last year of studies and afterwards I intend to work as a EU pharmacist so I find this experience relevant for my future career. Maturity, social poise, and the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support make me a suitable candidate for this position.

I have practiced for six weeks in a community pharmacy in my hometown. During this time I learned how to use the computer pharmaceutical software, how to make the reception of drugs and register them in the database, how to organise the drugs by diverse criteria such as therapeutic classes, alphabetical order or pharmaceutical form. Furthermore, I assisted the pharmacist while preparing magistral remedies. Because I am very experienced computer operator and have a very good command of English I will be able to manage any pharmaceutical software in short time. My studies in combination with my work experience make me a suitable candidate for a community pharmacy.

During the latter four years of studies, I have been elected group leader. My responsibilities are related to organising term exams for my group and also some extracurricular activities. These tasks helped me improve mostly my social and organisational skills and I have became more responsible and careful accomplishing my duties. Team work is another thing I learned from this experience but also from the way the laboratory work is conducted in my faculty. I think that my team-working ability is essential in a community pharmacy and also in the research field. Here, collaboration is the key to a successful product. Research would also be suitable for me because I am about to complete my Bachelor degree and a new perspective would help me improve my work with new and innovative ideas.

Thank you for your interest in my application and I hope to be granted a position either in a community pharmacy or in research. Considering my skills, experience and interests I think I will benefit significantly from this externship and would be able to apply this experience to a future career. I can assure you that I would be an energetic and committed participant in all the activities. I look forward to hearing from you shortly and I thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

X
s1nzy

Re: Student Exchange Programme applicant cover letter

Postby Gabrielle » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:59 am

Dear Sir or Madame,
I am writing to express my interest in an externship position with the Student’s Exchange Programme in the summer of 2012. I am currently studying Pharmacy at “XY” University in [town]. This is my last year of studies and afterwards I intend to work as a EU pharmacist so I find this experience relevant for my future career. Maturity, social poise, and the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support make me a suitable candidate for this position.

I have practiced for six weeks in a community pharmacy in my hometown. During this time I learned how to use the computer pharmaceutical software, how to make the reception of drugs and register them in the database, how to organise the drugs by diverse criteria such as therapeutic classes, alphabetical order or pharmaceutical form. Furthermore, I assisted the pharmacist while preparing magistral remedies. Because I am very experienced computer operator and have a very good command of English I will be able to manage any pharmaceutical software in short time. My studies in combination with my work experience make me a suitable candidate for a community pharmacy.

During the latter four years of studies, I have been elected group leader. My responsibilities are related to organising term exams for my group and also some extracurricular activities. These tasks helped me improve mostly my social and organisational skills and I have became more responsible and careful accomplishing my duties. Team work is another thing I learned from this experience but also from the way the laboratory work is conducted in my faculty. I think that my team-working ability is essential in a community pharmacy and also in the research field. Here, collaboration is the key to a successful product. Research would also be suitable for me because I am about to complete my Bachelor degree and a new perspective would help me improve my work with new and innovative ideas.

Thank you for your interest in my application and I hope to be granted a position either in a community pharmacy or in research. Considering my skills, experience and interests I think I will benefit significantly from this externship and would be able to apply this experience to a future career. I can assure you that I would be an energetic and committed participant in all the activities. I look forward to hearing from you shortly and I thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

X

s1nzy

Hello 'S1nzy',
Your letter is perfect. I want to hire you after reading the letter ;)
You have broken it down into the various, required paragraphs highlighting your experience and why you feel that the position is right for you. Your enthusiasm comes through as well which is great. Very well written. good luck with your application.
Gabrielle
Animator
Animator

Postby s1nzy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:52 am

Thank you very much for your encouragements :D I hope I'll get in the programme :) Have a nice week!
s1nzy

Postby Gabrielle » Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Code: Select all
Dear Sir or Madame,

Sincerely,

Hello and thank you for posting here with us.
Your overall letter is good, there a are a few English language nuances which could be adjusted such as "make the reception of drugs" would be better as something like: "How to correctly approve and oversee the receipt of the various drugs as well as registering them into the database"
In the sentence where you speak of your very good command of English, you forgot the 'a' before the word "very".
At the end, when you thank the person, also perhaps thank them for their "time today" as well. Just as a courtesy.
Other than those minor areas your letter is good and just needs another read through.
Good luck with the application!
Gabrielle
Animator
Animator

Return to Free Letter Correction Service