Before submitting your draft, we kindly request that you read and follow the following guidelines:
This forum has been put in place in order to give you the opportunity to receive a neutral opinion from us, as well as the option to eventually even correct your letters if required. We are not writers here to write your letter for you, you must have already prepared your draft, read it over, run it through a spell check to ensure that all grammatical and spelling errors have been fixed to the best of your knowledge and be happy with the finished product.
1 - General Guidelines
To be sure to get a response, the following basic guidelines should be followed:
- Create a new subject using a clear and precise title
- Always remain courteous, using a simple ‘hello’ or ‘thank you’. These small gestures go a long way and help to make the recipient feel appreciated and therefore open to the words in your letter.
- Write using your best English, being sure to write complete words (no SMS abbreviations) and always be on the lookout for mistakes!
- Be sure not to use short, direct titles such as “URGENT”, “HELP”, “PLS READ” etc. We are volunteers and we all have family and other work obligations and do our best to answer as quickly as possible.
- Please no titles using only CAPITAL LETTERS.
You are on a private forum where the content is publicly accessible. All of your letters posted and messages will be visible in online searches.
We recommend that you do not therefore include any personal details in your posts, such as email addresses, personal addresses, telephone numbers and such.
Following the receipt of comments and opinions concerning your particular letter, should you wish to remove your posting from our forum, we reserve the right to re-post your content (having removed all personal details).
Refreshing your post with a ‘up’ will not result in a faster response rate to your post or make it more visible. Our time is precious to us, we aim to answer posts within 12-72hrs. We are able to see all posts that remain un-answered & if yours has not yet been answered within this time frame, we will either delete or ignore it due to it not having adhered to our posting rules and guidelines.
All visitors who have posted a message on our website are deemed to have read and accepted this Charter as well as the general terms & conditions of use that can be found on the following link: http://www.free-sample-letter.com/terms.html
2 - Correction service
We offer this service in order to provide you with a neutral, professional opinion regarding the overall presentation and flow of your letter as well as the possibility to eventually correct your pre drafted letter. This help is limited to one read through and one correction per letter.
In order to qualify for this free service, we kindly request that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please post your completed draft. We will not create your letter for you.
- Please be sure to have run your letter through your computer spell check (such as on ‘Word’) before posting, as it will correct your most basic and obvious mistakes in spelling and grammar.
- By posting you accept to have your letter eventually published online as one of our sample letters, following the removal of all of your private information. In doing so, you acknowledge that all copyright on the particular letter model has been transferred to us and our site: http://www.free-sample-letter.com
PLEASE NOTE: For any type of letters required which may have extensive legal implications, we are not able to interfere and help. These types of letters should always be submitted to the legal representative involved (lawyer, notary, court usher etc.) for obvious reasons and legal responsibilities.
FreeSamp - Admin Site